Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Cabinet Makeover

This cabinet has been around for awhile.... It was first in the entry of my childhood home for many years - my Mom kept her good crystal in it. It then got passed on to my sister who kept her fish tank on it. Now I have it & it holds my jewelry making supplies.

The cabinet was VERY dated - does not go w/my decor at all, so I primed it...

Then I painted it Behr Blue Jewel - much too blue for me. Then painted it Behr Teal Zeal, not too sure of that color either, so I got out my 150 grit sandpaper & went a'sanding...
The picture doesn't do it justice - you can see the blue in some places & the white peaks through on the edges. I went to Anthropologie for the perfect handle - loves it!!

Now I need to get some paint on those walls, now that the wallpaper is off.......

giveaways




Transformation Thursday

9 comments:

  1. Wow what a transformation. I love the color you chose.

    I would love it if you joined my "Saturday is Crafty Day" party starting on April 24th! Stop by my blog for details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That handle is perfect and the color is one I've wanted in my house for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am getting ready to paint a cabinet in that color... I love it! STop by my painting blog and say hello sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christine!

    You are the winner of Lisa Leonard's 'You are Loved' necklace from my giveaway on Smashed Peas and Carrots!! Please send me your info so Lisa can get your necklace to you!! Congrats!
    -Mags

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the blue, so cute! I'd love for you to link up to sundae scoop http://iheartnaptime.blogspot.com/2010/04/sundae-scoop-2-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by, ladies! Always enjoy checking out different blogs & meeting new people!
    ~ Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. sooo delightful! I love the color(s) and the handle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just beautiful! I adore the color choice, it is so unexpected on a piece like that. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by! Love your blogs!
    ~ Christine

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your Lovely Comments