Thursday, January 13, 2011

Window of My Dreams

I found this window outside a house when I was still living in NC & had to bring it w/me to OH because I knew I'd find a use for it "someday". Well my "someday" came & now it's completely transformed.
My son & I already started breaking out the windows when I realized I hadn't taken the BEFORE picture!
All you need to start this project is:
1 old window                                                     
1 child to break windows                                                    
1 hammer                                                   
goggles (a must!)                                                    
1 old wagon (to catch the glass)

                                    Having fun w/the hammer!!
Next, you'll need:
2 foam sheets                          
thin batting                          
fabric scraps - I used Amy Butler fabric                          
pretty (or not so pretty) tape for the back

Total cost: $2.00 for foam sheets - I had everything else.
Here is the back - not pretty, but I can always change the fabric, if I want.

Here is the front. Yes, I realize that the fabric is in all different directions. I think it looks more interesting that way & I can move it around whenever I want a different "look". I left a section open so I can hang my jewelry or "whatever" in the center. Also, I left the original paint on it because I like the "old" feel to it.

This will be going in my new crafting space so I can look, dream &
be inspired!
This is my window in my crafting area - LOVE IT!! Doesn't everyone need a bright pink angel to look over them??  ;)

Linking to:
giveaways
     



   

4 comments:

  1. That is really cool! I love the idea of using something that wasn't usable as is and turning it into something you can use.

    I would love to have you link this post to my new link party.

    http://blessingsoverflowing.blogspot.com/2011/01/fix-it-up-friday-peel-stick-vinyl.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine - thanks for visiting my blog and entering the giveaway!

    This has to be the best use of an old window I've ever seen! Smashing the glass must have been so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for linking to my new link party. I hope you will join again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog! I've enjoyed visiting yours & getting great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your Lovely Comments