Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Kumihimo

I love the look of Kumihimo - Japanese braiding - but thought it was too difficult to give it a go until I saw there was a class at my local beadery, Gahanna Bead Shop. I found it to be fun & so easy, that I made a second necklace for myself (for now).

                                       I made this necklace in class and was given the beautiful lampwork pendant



                                                     I had to make one using one of my turquoise pendants

2 comments:

  1. I just learned kumihimo this past weekend! I too found it to be a lot easier than I thought. Mine is beaded, so probably finishing the ends is a little different, but, oh, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see a picture of your beaded piece! I can' t wait to finish more pieces, it's such a unique look.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your Lovely Comments