Friday, June 8, 2012

Texas Slush

I almost had an *alcohol emergency* when I decided to make this drink - I couldn't find the recipe!! But, after much searching and a few calls to my sisters, I found the treasured recipe .... whew, emergency diverted!

I can remember my Mom, and even my Grandmother, serving this drink to lucky guests.

This is a wonderful summer slush, but drink slowly since it is has quite a kick!!


1 lg lemonade and 1 small lemonade concentrate
2 small limeade concentrates
1/4 cup white corn syrup
1/5th vodka (3.17 cups)
2 quarts water


Mix all ingredients - freeze and serve.                     CHEERS!

* I can remember the tiny version of lemonade/limeade, but haven't seen them in the stores for years. I use 1/3 of a container of lemonade and 2/3 of a container of limeade as a substitute. Mix the rest of the lemonade/limeade in a container (add about 1 can water per 1/3 of the concentrate) for the kids!

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear...this sounds Yummy!! Yes I can have one or two..heehee.xoxo Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite summer drink - Enjoy!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your Lovely Comments