Tuesday, June 25, 2013

"Found" Dresser Rehab


I'm not too proud to say I've done a little dumpster-diving - I've found a few treasures on the side of the road or put-out-with-the-trash. When I saw this dresser next to someones trash cans, I knew I could give it a new life as a jewelry supply dresser - I'm so glad I did!!

I wish I took more before pictures - it had a few cracks on the sides (wood putty to the rescue), and it was sooooo dirty inside (I love Clorox wipes!).


                                     I took out the drawers and spray painted the inside an unexpected pop of color.



Then, I painted all of the drawers inside and out before I tackled the outside. I used sample pots of paint that I already had, plus, I used a couple of coupons for free sample pots of Behr paint. So far, no cost to fix it up!


Annie Sloan Chalk Paint went on the outside - Duck Egg Blue on the drawers and Old White on the base. After antiquing, waxing and distressing, I LOVE how my new jewelry supply dresser looks!!

                                                        
                                     I bought new drawer handles, but at $1.68 each, not bad for "found storage"!



2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, there's no way I would have left that on the curb either. What a find!! Of course, I never see anything this cool on the roadside in my area. I think there's just too many thrifty artists around here. Anyway. . .I do love your transformation of it. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Hope!! I lucked out and saw it being put out - it's helped me organize my "organized mess"! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your Lovely Comments