Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pasta Salad w/Grilled Corn & Broccoli

I've found several recipes that include grilled corn - I wasn't sure, should I ruin a perfectly good corn on the cob?? What the heck, and it follows one of my "recipe rules" - EASY!



4 ears fresh corn, husked
3 Tbsp. olive oil
1 head broccoli, cut into florets
1 (16-oz) box tricolor rotini (or any noodles)
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1/4 cup pitted black olives, halved (optional)
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley (or 1 Tbsp dried)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup bottled white-wine vinaigrette or more to taste
* Parmesan shavings for garnish

- Preheat grill to medium.
- Rub corn with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Toss broccoli in 2 Tbsp oil - put in a foil pouch. Grill corn, covered, turning frequently, for 10 minutes or until it starts to brown. Grill broccoli, covered, for 8 minutes or it starts to soften. When corn is cool, cut kernels from cob.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water (I add 1 tsp oil to my water). Drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss grilled veggies with pasta, garlic, olives, parsley, salt and vinaigrette.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl, Top with Parmesan.


* I quartered the recipe, but still used the same amount of garlic - I love garlic AND it keeps the vampires away!

* I didn't use the olives - I usually throw out any recipe that calls for olives, but this was soooo easy!

* When you add the vinaigrette, you may gag - I thought I'd ruined the noodles (I throw out about half of the recipes I try), but this pasta dish is delicious! ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your Lovely Comments