Saturday, August 4, 2012

My Sister's Wedding

Last Saturday, July 28, my sister married her soul mate, her best friend, her perfect match. She was so happy and looked absolutely gorgeous - they both looked like kids again!!

I was lucky to be one of her bridesmaids, along with her two beautiful daughters and our sister. This marriage was a long time in the making - fifteen years to be exact - what a beautiful day it was!!


When she first got engaged, I made her a necklace using pearls and a rectangle piece from our Grandmother's jewelry box, plus Czech glass, Swarovski crystals and Delicas.


She decided on a different dress than originally planned, and thought something a little more delicate would work better.

I found a broken necklace that our Mom had asked me to fix (but never got around to sending to me) in her dresser, and knew that it would go perfectly! I used our Grandmother's pearls and kept the Swarovski as a bit more sparkle.


I wanted the necklace to have meaning to her - the big stone in the center represents her beautiful daughter that she lost in 2009 and the two smaller stones represent our parents.

I also made the bridesmaid jewelry. When my sister decided on the dress - the colors of the sunset - I couldn't picture it or find it on the Macy's website to get a good look at what I'd be working with. When I saw her in April, she gave me the dress and I got to work! Lucky for me, I receive the Fusion Beads emails and saw this bracelet and knew, with a few minor adjustments, it would be perfect!

These are the bridesmaid dresses - the sunset was our Mom's favorite time of day.



The bracelet and earrings go perfectly with the dress! The picture doesn't do the stones for the earrings justice - they are a beautiful thunder polished fucschia.



Amazing sunset at Curtis Farm in Wilton, NH


4 comments:

  1. Everything is beautiful, your sister gorgeous, the jewelry perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous affair!! Love all the creations you made ~ just beautiful and so perfect for the occasion! Gosh, I can't remember the last time I was at an affair like that, definitely too long, that's for sure. Did you dance your heart out? I'm sure you had a wonderful time!
    ♥Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a magical day - I think we had too much fun, if that's possible!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your Lovely Comments