Saturday, October 13, 2012

My Bead Table Blog Hop

The lovely, Lisa Lodge, of A Grateful Artist, (Pine Ridge Treasures) decided to have a Bead Table Blog Hop back in July which sounded like fun, so I decided to join in! Here's a picture of the amazing stash of beads Lisa sent me.



I must admit, that, although I love Christmas - and I do mean LOVE - the Christmas colors scared me a wee bit. But that's what this blog hop is supposed to be - challenging!! Each participant received a stash of miscellaneous beads from Lisa's work table and we are to add our own beads from our work table. Sounds easy enough! So I let my beads sit on my table and breathe for awhile.

I've always wanted to work with the coral bits before and now was my chance! I remembered I had a turquoise star, so I just started beads adding around it. I used coral ovals, a freshwater pearl, silver cornerless cubes, Swarovski bicones and 2 baby vintage pearls and, of course, it has to have a lobster claw!


For my next bracelet, I had to use the pretty orange flowers - I wanted them to stand out, so I only added a piece of lime green silk cord.


I love the orange flower and had some green bead leftovers the Bead Soup Blog Party and thought they would went together perfectly! I used some brown seed beads that I always have on my table and a piece of brown ribbon.


I wanted to use the pretty flower beads, so I make a simple pair of earrings with some more of my lime green silk.



I made a pair of Christmas earrings with a dark green bead, those cool shattered-looking red glass beads, and bubbly white beads.


I want to thank Lisa for hosting this blog hop, I really enjoyed working on these pieces!!

Now  grab a cup of coffee/tea and enjoy rest of the participants in My Bead Table Blog Hop

Your Host: Lisa Lodge
 

Molly Alexander, Beautifully Broken Me
Audrey Belanger, Dreams of an Absolution
Ginger Bishop, lilmummy likes...
Tanya Boden, Fusion Muse
Michelle Buettner, Mishel Designs
Eleanor Burian-Mohr, The Charmed Life
Mikala Coates, Maybe Just Perhaps
Marlene Cupo, Amazing Designs
Kathleen Douglas, Washoe Kat's
Mary Anne Klinglesmith Flesch, Hand Crafted Serenity
Therese Frank, Therese's Treasures
Mary Govaars, MLH Jewelry Designs
Tanya Goodwin, A Work in Progress
Tina Holden, Polymer Clay Bytes!
Shelly Joyce, Au jour le jour
Carolyn Lawson, Carolyn's Creations
Kathy Lindemer, Bay Moon Design
Susan Lloyd, Designs by Susan
Cynthia Machata, Antiquity Travelers
Inge von Roos, Inge's Blog
Kristen Stevens, My Bead Journey
Sonya Stille, Dreamin' of Beads
Christine Stonefield, Sweet Girl Design ..... you are here .....
Toltec Jewels, Jewel School Friends
Norma Turvey, Moonlit Fantaseas
Sandra Wollberg, City of Brass Stories


I'll be out most of the day, but will rush back as soon as I can to look at all of the lovely designs and meet many new designers  :)

5 comments:

  1. such lovely pieces. I love the way you've combined ribbon with the chain

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a fantastic job with those colors - they would have scared me, too! I love both bracelets and the texture you created with them, but that necklace is super sweet and pretty - definitely perfect for fall right now, too. I like both pair of your earrings, too,..they're dainty, yet because of their colors they are bold and will most certainly stand out when you wear them! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pieces are wonderful. The two bracelets are just beautiful and that necklace is amazing! I love the ribbon in the back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful pieces you created! I had Christmas colors as well, and ended up with a holiday themed piece too. I love the way you used the little coral sticks, and the orange flower with the turquoise in your necklace is gorgeous. Beautiful job!

    :) Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christine you've made great pieces with your soup. I love the coral bracelet! I have a thing of all things beachy, but this is gorgeous. A nod to the lobster claw clasp as well. Very funny.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your Lovely Comments